Sunday, December 23, 2012

Knitting Spotlight 'Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale'

I have had so much fun watching Christmas movies online this holiday season. I only wish that they had the original stop-action movies that I watched as a kid on either Netflix or Hulu. Not having cable means that I can't really plunk down and continually watch Christmas reruns while knitting, but that basically means that I pick and choose which holiday specials, programs and movies I'll be watching this year.

It was one of the recommended movies on Hulu recently -- 'Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale', that caught my eye. The story of a young boy who lives in Finland's border with Russia, this story follows him and his father as they discover that Santa, whose past may be darker than the jolly version that Pietari grew up believing in. The story itself is fun, if a little bit creepy for a Christmas movie, but the best part was seeing all of the fun Finlandian knits that the main character wears! Feast your eyes on these lovely hat and mitten sets, mixed color pom poms, and yoked sweater!